Comparison of Cooperative Learning Model Think Pair Share and Think Pair Square Toward Students’ Mathematical Communication Ability
This study discusses the improvement of students' mathematical communication ability using cooperative models of Think Pair Share and Think Pair Square types. This study is a quasi-experiment with One Group Pretest-Posttest Design. The population in this study were all students of class XI of SMA Negeri 6 Palopo in the 2018/2019 school year and the sample was class XIA and XIB selected using random sampling. With purposive sampling technique with consideration of the class chosen with heterogeneous (varied) student abilities. Data obtained in this study came from test instruments. Data analysis techniques used descriptive statistical analysis and inferential statistical analysis. Based on the results of the normalized Gain calculation, the application of Think Pair Share cooperative learning models as well as the application of Think Pair Square cooperative learning models are equally dependent on the medium category. Hypothesis test results concluded that there was no significant difference between students' mathematical communication skills taught through the application of Think Pair Share cooperative learning models with Think Pair Square types.
Huda, M. (2013). Model-Model Pengajaran dan Pembelajaran. Malang: Pustaka Pelajar.
Husna. (2013). Peningkatan Kemampuan Pemecahan Masalah dan Komunikasi Matematis Siswa Sekolah Menengah Pertama Melalui Model Pembelajaran Kooperatif Tipe Think Pair Share (TPS). Jurnal Peluang, 1(2).
Ilyas, M. (2015). Metodologi Penelitian Pendidikan Matematis. Bandung: Pustaka Ramadhan.
Lestari, D. (2016). Deskripsi Komunikasi Matematis Tertulis pada Pembelajaran Matematis Siswa Kelas XI SMA Negeri di Purwokerto. Skripsi diterbitkan. Purwokerto: Program Studi Pendidikan Matematis–UNISMUHPURWOKERTO
Majid, A. (2013). Strategi Pembelajaran. Bandung: PT Remaja Rosdakarya.
Marlina. (2014). Penggunaan Model Pembelajaran Kooperatif Tipe Think-Pair-Share (TPS) untuk Meningkatkan Kemampuan Komunikasi dan Disposisi Matematis Siswa di SMA Negeri 1 Bireuen. Jurnal Didaktik Matematis.
Copyright (c) 2019 Fitriani Fitriani, Muhammad Rusli Baharuddin, Juni Kayanti
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
License and Copyright Agreement
- Authors retain copyright and other proprietary rights related to the article.
- Authors retain the right and are permitted to use the substance of the article in own future works, including lectures and books.
- Authors grant the publisher right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post or self-archive their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.