Effectiveness of Problem-Based Learning: Integrating Emotional Intelligence in Enhancing Mathematics Learning Outcome of Students in SMA Negeri 3 Palopo
This study aims to investigate the effectiveness of problem-based learning integrated with emotional intelligence to enhance students’ mathematics learning outcome. This research was a pre-experimental study with and the population was all tenth-grade students of natural science classes. The researcher chose one class as the experimental unit which was the class of MIPA3 as the sample of the study by simple random sampling. The design used was the One-Group Pretest-Posttest Design. The data analysis techniques used in the research were the analysis of descriptive statistics and inferential statistical analysis. The problem-based learning integrating emotional quotient referred to is mathematics learning that integrated emotional intelligence in its learning process. The integration encompassed all learning activities since the learning activities began as well as heterogeneous grouping of students in terms of their emotional intelligence. The result showed that: (1) students’ classical completeness was 97,14% with an average of 85,69; (2) students’ activity was in the category of active; (3) students’ response tended to be positive; and (4) problem-based learning integrated with emotional quotient effectively enhanced the mathematics learning outcome of students in SMA Negeri 3 Palopo.
Ilyas, M., Ma’rufi, M., Fitriani, F., & Salwah, S. (2018). Analysis of senior high school students’ emotional intelligence in cooperative based mathematics learning. In Journal of Physics: Conference Series, 1088(1), p. 012082). IOP Publishing.
Ilyas, M. (2014). Pembelajaran Matematika Berbasis Karakter dengan Melibatkan Kecerdasan Emosional Mahasiswa. Prosiding, 1(1), 47-54.
Tanjung, H. S., & Nababan, S. A. (2018). Pengembangan Perangkat Pembelajaran Matematika Berorientasi Model Pembelajaran Berbasis Masalah (PBM) untuk Meningkatkan Kemampuan Berpikir Kritis Siswa SMA Se-Kuala Nagan Raya Aceh. Genta Mulia: Jurnal Ilmiah Pendidikan, 9(2).
Sariningsih, R., & Purwasih, R. (2017). Pembelajaran Problem Based Learning Untuk Meningkatkan Kemampuan Pemecahan Masalah Matematis Dan Self Efficacy Mahasiswa Calon Guru. JNPM (Jurnal Nasional Pendidikan Matematika), 1(1), 163-177.
Soedjadi, R. (2001). Kiat Pendidikan Matematika di Indonesia. Jakarta: Dirjen Dikti Depdiknas
Sugiyono. (2012). Metode Penelitian Pendidikan. Bandung: Alfabeta
Sumartini, T. S. (2016). Peningkatan kemampuan pemecahan masalah matematis siswa melalui pembelajaran berbasis masalah. Mosharafa: Jurnal Pendidikan Matematika, 5(2), 148-158.
Syawahid, M. (2013). Pengembangan Perangkat Pembelajaran Matematika Terintegrasi dengan Pengembangan Kecerdasan Emosional dan Spiritual. Beta: Jurnal Tadris Matematika, 6(2), 125-142.
Copyright (c) 2019 Lis Sugianto, Muhammad Ilyas, Ma’rufi Ma’rufi
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
License and Copyright Agreement
- Authors retain copyright and other proprietary rights related to the article.
- Authors retain the right and are permitted to use the substance of the article in own future works, including lectures and books.
- Authors grant the publisher right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post or self-archive their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.