The Influence of Learning Model, School Accreditation and Emotional Ability on Mathematics Learning Outcomes in the Grade VIII Students of Junior High School in Gowa District
This study is a quasi-experiment to examine the difference of students’ learning result by employing cooperative learning model of STAD type and problem-based learning model as well as emotional ability of students at SMPN (public junior high school) with accreditation A and accreditation B. The population was class VIII students at SMPN in Gowa district of 2018/2019 academic year. Sample was selected using random sampling method and obtained SMPN 2 Sungguminasa accredited A and SMPN 4 Sungguminasa accredited B. There were two variables in this study (1) independent variable consisted of learning model, school accreditation, and emotional ability, and (2) dependent variable, the students’ learning result on Mathematics. The intended learning result in this study was cooperative learning model of STAD type and problem-based learning model; the intended school accreditation was school accreditation A and school accreditation B; whereas, the intended emotional ability was optimal emotional ability and test of Mathematics learning result. The results of the study reveal that (1) the average scores of students’ learning result in school accreditation A and school accreditation B tend to be similar, (2) the students’ emotional ability in school accreditation A has the average score similar with school accreditation B in optimal category, (3) there is no influence of school accreditation towards students’ learning result, (4) there is an influence of learning model towards students’ learning result, (5) there is an influence of emotional ability towards students’ learning result, (6) there is no interaction between school accreditation and learning model toward students’ learning result, (7) there is no interaction between school accreditation and emotional ability toward students’ learning result, and (8) there is an influence of interaction between learning model and emotional ability toward students’ learning result of class VIII students at SMPN in Gowa district.
Ari, A. A., & Katrancı, Y. (2014). The opinions of primary mathematics student-teachers on problem-based learning method. Procedia-Social and Behavioral Sciences, 116, 1826-1831.
Awaludin, A. A. R. (2017). Akreditasi Sekolah sebagai Suatu Upaya Penjaminan Mutu Pendidikan di Indonesia. SAP (Susunan Artikel Pendidikan), 2(1), 12-21.
Anurrahman. (2003). Belajar dan Pembelajaran. Bandung : Alfabeta Bandung
Cooper, R.K. and Sawaf, A. (2001). Executive EQ : Kecerdasan Emosional dalam Kepemimpinan dan Organisasi. Jakarta: PT Gramedia Pustaka Utama.
Goleman, D. (2009). Kecerdasan Emosional: Mengapa EI lebih penting daripada IQ. Jakarta: PT. Gramedia Pustaka Utama.
Muslimin, I. (2000). Pembelajaran Kooperatif. Surabaya. Unesa.
Nurwati. (2009). Studi tentang pembelajaran koperatif tipe STAD, Jigsaw pada materi Sistem Persamaan Linear Dua Variabel di kelas VIII MTsN Model Makassar. Unpublished Thesis. Makassar:PPs UNM.
Copyright (c) 2019 Mohammad Ardani Samad, Mangindara Mangindara
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
License and Copyright Agreement
- Authors retain copyright and other proprietary rights related to the article.
- Authors retain the right and are permitted to use the substance of the article in own future works, including lectures and books.
- Authors grant the publisher right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post or self-archive their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.