Development of Geometry Books Based on Behavioristic Theory
Geometry is one of the mandatory materials in the learning process in elementary schools. So that prospective elementary school teachers are required to master it. But in the lecture process, students' ability to solve geometry problems is still weak. The solution to this problem is to present a geometry textbook specifically intended for prospective elementary school teacher students. In addition, to maximize the level of student understanding, behavioristic concepts will be offered. The methodology in this research is the development steps following the Borg & Gall development model, including a preliminary study; planning; development of initial product drafts; expert validation test; revision of expert validation test results; limited trial; refinement of limited trial results; field trials; final refinement, and dissemination / implementation. From the whole development series according to Borg & Gall, it can be concluded that the behavioristic-based textbooks developed have fulfilled valid, practical, and effective criteria. The results of content expert validation obtained an average level of validity of 86.75% meaning that the contents in teaching materials are very valid and can be used. The results of construct validation show that the level of validity of teaching material 91.30% is classified as very valid, meaning that the assessment instrument is able to measure the achievement of learning standards. Practicality analysis was obtained from an average observation result of 89.58%. While the practicality of textbooks obtained from the assessment of responses in field trials amounted to 93.96%. So it can be concluded that teaching material products are very practical to use in learning.
Baharuddin, M. R., & Jumarniati, J. (2018). Pola Interaksi Belajar Matematika Siswa Berkemampuan Awal Rendah dalam Pembelajaran Berbasis Proyek. Al-Khwarizmi: Jurnal Pendidikan Matematika dan Ilmu Pengetahuan Alam, 6(2), 149-156.
Fitriani A., Jumarniati, J., & Baharuddin, M. R. (2017). Effectiveness of Problem Posing Approach Cooperative Setting Toward Ability of Mathematics Literacy on Students Class X SMA Negeri 1 Palopo. Proceeding: ICONSS.
Hasratuddin. (2014). Pembelajaran Matematika Sekarang dan yang akan Datang Berbasis Karakter. Jurnal Didaktik Matematika, 1(2). Universitas Negeri Medan.
Jumarniati, J., Kartika, D. M. R., & Baharuddin, M. R. (2018). Penerapan Model Pembelajaran Kooperatif pada Mata Kuliah Program Linear Melalui Lesson Study. MaPan: Jurnal Matematika dan Pembelajaran, 6(2), 187-198.
Perwitasari S., Wahjoedi W., & Akbar S. (2018) Pengembangan Bahan Ajar Tematik Berbasis Kontekstual. Jurnal Pendidikan: Teori, Penelitian, dan Pengembangan, 3(3), 278—285.
Copyright (c) 2019 Muhammad Rusli Baharuddin, Andi Indra Sulestry
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
License and Copyright Agreement
- Authors retain copyright and other proprietary rights related to the article.
- Authors retain the right and are permitted to use the substance of the article in own future works, including lectures and books.
- Authors grant the publisher right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post or self-archive their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.