Application of Matrix in Hill Cipher Algorithm
The aim of the research is applying the 3x 3 matrix in the Hill Cipher of cryptography. Hill cipher is one of cryptography algorithm used of symmetric matrix. It uses an n x n sized as key matrix to convert from plaintext to ciphertext. The method of research is quantitative method. The hill cipher algorithm has two processes they are encryption and decryption. The matrix used in Hill Cipher algorithm is multiplication between matrix and inverses matrix. Hill cipher used is key matrix ordo 3x3 an modulo theory. The result of the research is Matrix operations used in the hill cipher encryption process such as multiplication, transpose and determination of a matrix's determinants. The more matrix operation is in a hill cipher, the higher the security level of a cipher. The more complicated the application of the matrix in the hill cipher, the significant function of the hill cipher in maintaining data security.
Anton, H. (2010). Dasar-Dasar Aljabar Linear. Jilid 1. Tangerang: Binarupa Aksara.
Pabokory, F.N. (2015). Implementasi Kriptografi pengaman data pada Pesan Teks,Isi Dokumen, dan File Dokumen Menggunakan Algoritma Advanced Encryption Standard. Jurnal Informatika Mulawarman, 10(1):22
Rosenthal, J. (2015). Handbook of Cryptography, Zurich: University of Zurich.
Schenier, B. (1996). Applied Cryptography: Protocols, Algorithms, and Source Code in C. Second Edition. New York: John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
Setyaningsih, E. (2015). Kriptografi dan Implementasi Menggunakan Matlab. Yogyakarta: Andi.
Stinson, R. D. (2006). Cryptography Theory and Practice. New York: Chapman & Hall/CRC.
Copyright (c) 2019 Irmayani Irmayani
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
License and Copyright Agreement
- Authors retain copyright and other proprietary rights related to the article.
- Authors retain the right and are permitted to use the substance of the article in own future works, including lectures and books.
- Authors grant the publisher right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post or self-archive their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.